Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Going on a Mission

Tomorrow I leave for my mission! I am so excited for this opportunity to serve; I have been preparing, waiting, and dreaming of this experience ahead of me my whole life. While I know I will grow personally in many ways, I also know that more importantly others' lives will be blessed and changed as they embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my call as a missionary and a representative of my Lord, Savior, and best friend, Jesus Christ. I am humbled and thrilled to serve my God all day everyday, as an instrument in His hands. I will be serving the people I will be around in many ways, teaching them about Christ and His gospel, helping them find happiness and meaning to their lives, and working hard to assist and serve them in any way possible.

My sister, Chelsea, will be posting my letters and photos from my mission on this blog. I will share experiences as well as feelings and impressions. On the side bar, there will always be my current address that anyone can send letters to. I will appreciate any letters and do my best to respond!

This message I am bringing to the people of Mexico means everything to me. I know with all of my heart and with every part of my mind that there is a God; He lives and He loves us. I believe that despite the trials and difficulties of this life, which so often seem unfair, God has a plan for us. And that plan is a plan of joy, of happiness, a plan of peace. The center of this plan, the way it is made possible, is through God's Son, our Savior and dear friend, Jesus Christ. Even though I don't know about every day when Christ walked on the earth, I know He was here, that He died for us, and that He lives again today. I am certain that through His perfect life, example, and suffering for us, we can be cleansed of our mistakes. That we can be strengthened to reach our potential and have true joy and peace. After I die, I have the utmost assurance that I am not going to disappear or vanish, but return to live with my Father in Heaven. Oh, what a wonderful thing it is to know that we have a God and a Savior who have a plan for us. God did restore the fullness of His gospel to the earth through a prophet a couple centuries ago in America. And that the Book of Mormon (another testament of Jesus Christ), coupled with the Bible, are the word of our Father in Heaven, and can help confirm to us that this gospel is true. I am no scripture scholar, but I have read, pondered, prayed, and received a sweet confirmation that those books are true. The authority and power of God is fully rested on His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Time and time again a serene confirmation has come over me that the things I have testified of are true. I know these things are true. I am ever grateful for them; they have changed my life and will continue to do so. I cannot wait to share this with anyone that I can as a missionary for my God.

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great on your mission! No doubt in my mind you won't do anything other than your very best. You're a great example to me and many others. Thank you for that Geoffrey.

    Jonathan Moody

    ReplyDelete