Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14th, 2010

Hola! Well this week has been another really fast seven days, but quite exciting as well! We are doing more and more teaching lessons in Spanish as a companionship, and it is such a wonderful experience! So often, while we are talking about different principles of Christ's Gospel, I will feel the Spirit testifying to me that what we are talking about is true! What a blessing! I am so grateful and thrilled to be a missionary! As I watch more and more missionaries leave, however, the excitement and anticipation of the cultural immersion I will have in Mexico becomes so real to me--and I am so excited for Mexico!

My Spanish is doing well; I have finally found an effective way to use my personal language study time, and I feel like I am progressing well in the language. There is no way I could make the progress I am making without some help from my Heavenly Father. That isn't to say some days aren't difficult. We are all learning some serious patience with trying to speak Spanish all the time, but, again, what a blessing! I can't believe I'm a missionary. There is 100% no where else I would rather be, nothing I would rather be doing, nothing I would rather be learning than what I am learning now.

Elder Hercules is still doing wonderful. We are getting to know each other more and more, and with having him around me 24/7 I am learning many lessons that I could not learn any other way. It is great though! There are certainly a few discouraging moments with the language and other little things, but they are far outweighed by the marvelous experience and preparation that being in the MTC has been and will continue to be for me. One of my roommates is a wonderful Elder, and let me tell you he loves Christmas decorations! I am more of a spot clean room with a couple photos or something, and he has transformed our room into the North Pole! Haha, it is quite humorous...we have cut out Christmas trees, stickers, candy canes, everywhere! It is crazy, but hey I am learning to get along great with a variety of people! :)

A couple days ago Elder Hercules and I were asked to become the next Zone Leaders. We are very excited for this opportunity to serve, grow, and learn so much from our wonderful Branch Presidency. This next week we will be shadowing the current Zone Leaders to get the feel of how it works, and we will be official next Sunday. I know that I will learn a lot from this opportunity to serve and I am thrilled! I am a little nervous, because now all the new missionaries will be taken through our room as a model room their first day, and, as I said before, our room is clean but kind of Christmas-ified. But it will be great. I don't know if we even get a new district before Christmas. There are 7 current operating districts in our zone, but it varies because every week some come and some leave.

Well I am running out of time, and I think that is all I have to report! I have decided that one of my favorite things about being a missionary is not only representing Jesus Christ, but testifying of Him and His redeeming influence many times every day. What a blessing! Especially in this Christmas time! Merry Christmas to all who read this!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment