Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1st 2011

Well, there is not much to report this day either. No, I am still not in Mexico; I am still in Utah, which, i must, is much cooler than Mexico I would guess haha. Our District of 12 is now diminished to me and my companion. Everyone has gone to their respective missions, but still no word about those going to Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission, so we are learning some wonderful patience lessons :) We got kicked out of our classroom, and had no teachers this past week. Because the travel office doesn't know where we are at, we have to stop by every day to see if any news on Mexico has come. But on the bright side, with all the extra time we were able to have many effective studies and go to the Provo Temple a few more times--so that was a blessing! Also, tomorrow we will be joining an advanced District (native spanish speakers), so that should be great to help us prepare with the language and all! We are going on 12 weeks in the MTC, which is crazy for me to think! But things are great, and I am sure we will be leaving sometime in the near future (although I have been saying that for the past 3 weeks). But really, Elder Hercules and I are keeping our Spirits up, and we feel very blessed to be companions.
 
I'll try and keep this short. Elder Hercules and I got to say the opening and closing prayers in the Sunday Fireside in front of all the missionaries, which was kind of neat. I love seeing all 2000 of us sing "called to serve"! And other than that, our week was pretty routine, but great. I am loving it, and the only reason I am ready to leave is because there is only one place I'd rather be...Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico. :) And we will make it there shortly.
 
Often, Elder Hercules and I will come up with common questions that many people wonder, think, and ask. Such as, "Why is God important?" or "Why do I need organized religion?" As we take question after question, and study the Scriptures, my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, our Father in Heaven, and their church on this earth is consistently strengthened. I am truly beginning to see how the Scriptures can answer any of our questions! It has been such a blessing to try and give 100% of my focus to the Lord. Obviously, I fall short sometimes, but as a missionary called to bring people the light of the Gospel (even though I am just in the MTC), I have felt his blessing of peace and conviction. No matter who we are, where we come from, or what problems we have, it is a comfort to know that our Savior is there to lift us up as we reach towards Him. His all-encompassing embrace is truly all-encompassing, leaving no one behind who accepts it :) 
 
One last thing, family and friends who read these letters, I wouldn't be surprised if my English gets progressively worse--especially once I get to Mexico--and as I continue to focus on Spanish. So, if I say things like "so-and-so has 10 years" instead of "so-and-so is 10 years old", just know that if I said it in Spanish it would make sense.
 
Love you all,
Elder Palmer

1 comment:

  1. Hey, whoever is updating this blog, you probably don't know me. My name is Colton Fullmer and was Geoffrey's roommate during the summer. I am going into the MTC on Feb 16th and I was hoping you'd give me his Mission address. I know you have the MTC address posted, but could you email me the address in Mexico? My email is colton_fullmer@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help.

    -Colton Fullmer

    p.s. you can delete this comment. I know it's not relevant to this letter haha.

    ReplyDelete