Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27th, 2011

                       Its not a great shot....doesnt really capture it. But sometimes, we are kind of in the jungle.
 
Hola,
A cool little highlight of the week was teaching English at the university to a class of computer students. We taught some English, while intertwining religion and our beliefs. It was a neat experience to be able to do that, and get to know new people in a different way than just knocking doors or talking to people. I think we will get to do it next week also.
 
Also, we have had a lot of good service opportunities this week. Finally, I feel like I can use a machete and help cut the lawn and terrain instead of just damaging it haha. But I really like using machete, and we found like 3 different opportunities unplanned to help people machete their yard or cut down branches or things like that. Also, moving chicken killing materials was kind of interesting.
 
It has been really hard this week to see the investigators that we have wanted to, but we were able to...last night...split up with all the members and visit a number of them and members of the church who haven´t been members for a long time.
 
I have learned word in Tseltal...Mayuk--which means "no hay" or "there isn´t any"...and so every time I talk to someone who only knows Tseltal, I try to throw that word in there for fun. And then they laugh at me, but we leave on good terms even though we can´t understand each other.
 
I know that this church is true. I know that God lives, and that Jesus Christ really is our Savior. I love the Gospel, and feel it changing every part of who I am and the people here in Yajalon that are applying it in their lives.
 
Mucho amor,
Elder Palmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment